Sunday 8 November 2015

Trip to Sanrio Puroland

Hello cuties! Today I'm doing a report on my visit to Sanrio Puroland during my trip to Japan this summer ^^ It was the second time I visited the theme park, and I enjoyed it just as much on the second visit, since they had added some new attractions and there were some special events happening for My Melody and the Little Twin Star's 40th anniversaries!
My friend went to see an anime show in Ikebukuro on that day, so I ended up going along on my own, which I was a little nervous about but it was actually a lot of fun! Sanrio Puroland is located close to Tama New Town, which is a suburban commuter town next to Tokyo, so it takes about an hour to reach from Shinjuku. I set out early in the morning and stopped for breakfast along the way, reaching the local train station in Tama hills at about 10am.
When you come out of the station, there are maps of the Tama area featuring Hello Kitty and her friends along the pathway to the park!

The park is about a ten minute walk from the station, and you can spot Puroland from quite a distance away! The path is lined with fast-food restaurants, amusement arcades and some discount stores like Daiso.
The park looks really big from the outside, but once you get in it is very cosy!

The entire park is indoors which is perfect for visiting in bad weather! Once you pass the ticket booths at the entrance, you come into this cute entrance hall, which is decorated with an adorable mural of lots of the Sanrio characters! There are some gift shops on this floor, as well as a staircase leading towards the main part of the park on the upper floors.




On the upper floor there was a special display featuring My Melody's bedroom with lots of adorable pink merchandise! I'm not sure if it is a permanent attraction or a part of My Melody's 40th anniversary celebrations, but it was very popular and full of people. I was lucky to get a few photos without anyone getting in the way XD

There was also a special My Melody shop next to her bedroom to celebrate her anniversary! It was full of lots of floral-themed goods like handbags and mugs, and there were even some Liz Lisa x My Melody collaboration clothes to look at as well. I chose the anniversary cake mug as a souvenir because the design was so girly and cute! You can see it in my haul post if you would like ~

As I was walking around, I bumped into My Melody herself, and of course I just had to take a picture with her! Last time I went I met Hello Kitty, so I was really happy to meet Melody as well. The lady who took the pictures was really friendly and took about 20 photographs so I could choose my favourite! ^^

Next I was feeling a bit peckish, so I visited the My Melody dream cafe that had opened up near her anniversary shop. All of the snacks were Melody or Kiki & Lala themed and were super colourful and yummy-looking! It took me a long time to decide what to pick...

In the end I chose the magical soda float drink and a My Melody mochi cake! They were both so adorable that I didn't want to eat them, but I gave in and they were delicious! The soda had lots of little crunchy stars in it as well as an adorable cup design, and the mochi was really light ~

Even the tables and the entrance to the cafe area were decorated with My Melody ~

Next I decided to try out the new My Meroad Drive ride as it was newly built since I last visited the park! The cars are shaped like My Melody heads and the whole decor is cute and pink. The ride is a gentle car trip through little themed areas and you stop to pose for a picture in each part! At the end, you get to chose your pictures, decorate them and then print them as a souvenir if you want to.

The inside of the ride was full of My Melody and her friends, and posing with them was super fun! I didn't keep the photos of me, as I felt a little awkward being by myself ~

I headed to the nearby Character Hill attraction after the ride, which was also new to the park since my previous visit. It is another photo-based attraction, where you get a special photo card and can stop to take photographs with the characters at different points throughout. Each character had their own cute little area, which was a lot of fun to see!

I particularly liked Pom Pom Purin's area, with all the cute kitchenware and furniture!

I also just had to stop and take a selfie with Cinnamoroll and his friends - they are just so endearing!

Since it was a special anniversary event at Puroland, there was a special show called 'Omoyari to you' featuring lots of the Sanrio characters in a light and dance show! Sadly it was very crowded and dark inside, so I couldn't take many pictures, but I loved the projections of the characters which were lit up on the ceiling. There was also lots of singing, all in Japanese of course!

After the show, I felt like I had seen everything new at the park, so I headed to the Jewelpets gift shop to pick up a few last souvenirs before I headed to Harajuku for the afternoon!

Jewelpet Twinkle is one of my favourite animes, so I was really excited to see all of the characters featured around the store! I was a little dissappointed to not see very much Jewekpet merchandise in the shop though, as it was mainly Hello Kitty and My Melody items. All the same, it was worth a visit just for the decoration ~

I loved this cute little statue which greeted you as you walked in!

As I was leaving, I spotted the Little Twin Stars room attraction, which was sadly closed on that day (I am really jealous of everyone who has seen it, hopefully ill be lucky next time! :'( ). The outside was decorated in a lovely style and reminded me so much of the Fairy Kei fashion.

As I walked back towards the train station it began to pour down with rain (typical Tokyo weather in the summer!!) so I sheltered in a nearby Taito Station game arcade. I spotted these UFO catchers with adorable Loppy and Fenneki plushies and waited out the rain playing for the small loppy plush. I managed to snag three different ones with only a few tries, so I felt like a UFO master and tried for a big loppy...which I failed...T_T (ego crushed).

All in all I had a lovely time visiting Puroland again - there was lots of new things for me to see and I didn't mind spending the day on my own at all! If you are visiting Tokyo, I would definitely recommend a visit, as the atmosphere is so cute and friendly and you can spot lots of the characters walking around the park for pictures. The food is also adorable, although a bit pricey, but fairly reasonable for a theme park. I hope this post was interesting for everybody! If anyone has any questions about the park, please don't hesitate to leave me a comment and I will try to help! ^^ ~

Until next time! Love, MyPastelUniverse x

3 comments:

  1. I know what my very first stop will be if I ever get to go to Japan *o*
    Kieli~♥
    rainbowstarcandyshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So incredibly cute! Thank you for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your article. It will definitely help me a lot...
    Cute Japanese Gifts

    ReplyDelete