Sunday 1 March 2015

Cute Can Kill Review!



Hello cuties! I hope you've all had a good weekend, mine has gone very quickly as usual! The weather has been very odd and unpredictable recently, which is typical of England this time of year. Today I'll be talking about my most recent experience buying from Cute Can Kill, one of my absolute favourite brands for accessories! 


If you aren't familiar with Cute Can Kill (CCK), it is a pop kei/fairy kei brand created by Lila, which makes super cute resin and clay accessories. She makes each item herself and they are usually one-of-a-kind, so she can't update her shop too often. This means her items are very popular and sought-after, so I am very lucky to own so many of her pieces. I've been collecting for about 3-4 years now, and it's lovely to see her brand grow and develop! She has a storenvy shop, as well as a Facebook and Tumblr page you can follow for updates! 




I placed my order during the 30% off sale on the website; the owner released some items in a small update at the same time, but none of them caught my eye, so instead I chose a pair of earrings and a ring I had been wanting for a while. I was glad I was able to snag them, and at a discount, as CCK items sell out immediately during an update, and a lot of people try to grab things quickly! I have had to be very speedy in the past to snap up the items I wanted ^^
Here is the small order I placed; 



I was so excited to get the sundae earrings as they are so perfectly 80s and remind me so much of Spank! I was also so happy to see that CCK released ballet-themed items as I had been looking for them for a long time. 


Once my order was placed, it took Lila about a week to post out the items, as she was very busy, but she kindly let me know and gave me the tracking number straight away when they were posted. Postage from Italy is unfortunately rather slow as the package takes some time to move between post centres before it leaves the country, even by registered mail, and the items took around a week to arrive to the UK (most EU countries are 2/3 days, for reference). It was worth the wait though, and the package arrived safely through my letterbox. 


Everything was safely packaged in a bubble-envelope plus lots of bubble wrap for protection! 






I love the little heart-shaped box my ring arrived in, such an 80s touch! 



The earrings are super cute and well-made; the charms do have a tendency to slip off the earring hook, but I tightened the hook a little and that seems to have solved it! They suit both pastel hair and my natural hair, so I decided to coordinate them with my hair down and with a comfy Milklim sweater!




The ring is very versatile and goes with lots of my outfits as I own a lot of pink and purple clothes! Its very versatile and glued well to the metal ring base. Its super glittery and has an ethereal quality to it. Here I paired it with a Milklim hoodie and 80s polkadot skirt for a Spank! inspired look! 



They also go perfectly with my other CCK accessories! 



Mimi-pyon blends in well to!
For my latest experience, I would rate Cute Can Kill as follows;
~ Communication; 5/5
~ Shipping; 4/5
~ Packaging; 5/5
~ Item Quality; 4.5/5 (I took off .5 for the little earring fix) /p>
Overall, I'm super happy as always! Lila is a lovely and friendly seller and her items are the cutest, If you haven't participated in an update before then I recommend you check it out, and move fast! ~
Thank you all for reading this quick little review! I'm currently working on a wardrobe post which is taking a little time, as well as my Shibuya 109 review which will be up in the next week!
Love, Cee x

1 comment: