Saturday 10 January 2015

Holley Tea Time Review! ✿

Hello everyone! Today I'll be bringing you a review for Holley Tea Time! This cute store is based in the USA, and sells adorable fairy kei and creepy-cute accessories, jewellery, and recently clothing! I'll be reviewing a skirt Holley sent me along with lots of adorable accessories, I'm super excited to share with you all! I hope you enjoy reading! Cute Bunny Graphics

Check out Holley's store here!

Holley contacted me back in the autumn about reviewing some of her products, and I was so excited, of course I said yes! She let me pick out some items to review as well as a skirt, which she informed me would take 4 weeks or so to make, so I was kept up to date with everything! A couple of weeks ago Holley posted everything to me and it arrived in about a week, which is quick from the USA to the UK so I was very happy to receive it so fast!

Everything was shipped in a secure bubble-wrap envelope, which was sturdy and well-sealed. When I opened it, I found that Holley had wrapped everything carefully in plastic as well as wrapping the items in cute boxes and gift bags, which was a lovely surprise and super-cute finishing touch! Fragile items like rings had their own little boxes to give extra protection. She also included a sweet hand-written note which was nice of her to do!

When I first unwrapped the skirt, the first thing I noticed was how nice and soft the material felt! The skirt is made of a stretchy fabric and it is very soft and smooth to the touch, and feels nice quality. It is very comfortable to wear and feels nice on your skin. The skirt is well constructed, with neat stitching along the seams which is secure and has a nice finish. The waist band is also neatly made and is very stretchy, making the skirt comfy even if you eat a big lunch (hehe!). As for the print, I fell in love as soon as I saw it! It reminds me somewhat of an Angelic Pretty print, with the adorable bunny and sweet balloon design. I also love that the rainbows have the brand name written on them, I think its a lovely little detail! Included with the skirt were washing and care tips provided by Holley, which is super useful to make sure you know what care your skirt needs! (✿◠‿◠)

Rating; 5/5 Cute Bunny Graphics

Isn't it the most colourful and perfectly pastel print ever?

Construction details!

Next I unwrapped the accessories Holley had sent! First up was this cute fluffy star 2-way clip! The construction on this is really good and I was impressed with how shapely and sturdy the star felt, also it grips nicely into your hair without sliding down at all. The heart charm is carefully secured and is a cute touch! The back of the brooch/clip was carefully attached and also feels very sturdy

Rating; 5/5 Cute Bunny Graphics

Next is this beautiful pin badge featuring a sweet pegasus design! I love the details and how crisp the print is (just look at the little moons!!); the badge is also large enough to make a statement in your outfit! Again, the badge feels sturdy and well-made, with a pin carefully embedded at the back. This is definitely one of my favourite items!

Rating; 5/5 Cute Bunny Graphics

Next up is this star ring which is super sparkly and glittery! It feels really smooth and neatly finished and is comfy to wear. The ring band is a little big for my fingers but it can be adjusted to fit ^^. The ring is glued securely onto the base to. I really love the mix of pastel colours, and the star is big enough to stand out!

Rating; 5/5 Cute Bunny Graphics

Now we have this cute purple x pink hair bow/brooch! The pink part is a soft fuzzy material and the purple is a plain matte fabric. Overall this bow is well made - there is some excess glue at the back and around the central band, which could be neatened up a little.

Rating; 4/5 Cute Bunny Graphics

Next up is this super colourful star hair barrette! This style of triple stars/hearts is super popular, and I really love it! The stars are very solid and well made, but at the same time are comfy to wear in your hair! The back are finished nicely without any rough edges at all. The colours are really vibrant and glittery and super cute. It's larger than most barrettes, so it adds a cute touch to any hairstyle

Rating; 5/5 Cute Bunny Graphics

Moving onto necklaces! This star necklace is just lovely and I feel it matches the hair barrette really nicely! I noticed that the stars aren't as glossy as the barrette and so have more of a matte finish; I'm not sure if this is intentional. Regardless, the necklace looks adorable worn over a white top and helps to bring out the yellows and pinks in the skirt! Its well made and comfortable to wear, and the stars are securely linked to one another. The necklace clasp also has a cute 'HTT' charm attached to represent the brand, which is a lovely little detail!

Rating; 4.5/5 Cute Bunny Graphics

This heart necklace is just stunning in person, I was so excited when I pulled it out of the wrapping! The heart base is very durable and feels very solid, and the star embellishments are very firmly attached. The chain is so cute and I love the additional stars! Like many of Holley's items, the necklace is super glittery and magical looking, as well as being super unique; I've never seen anything quite like it! The construction of the chain is also very good, and the clasp has a cute star charm attached!

Rating; 5/5 Cute Bunny Graphics

Last but by no means least, earrings! These are so cute and I love the little heart/star charms, they really remind me of AP's Jewelry Jelly print as they have a magical translucent look to them, and have a holographic effect when they catch the light! They are attached securely to their chains, and I love the miniature bows which make them super girly and perfect for a sweet lolita outfit! They're easy to wear to, and very comfortable

Rating; 5/5 Cute Bunny Graphics

Now for some worn photos! Hair accessories ~

A cute fairy kei outfit featuring the adorable skirt!

The skirt is super flowy and has lots of material and room to fit a big fluffy petticoat underneath! I'm wearing a very light petticoat in my pictures to give it just a little volume. In the sunshine, the skirt looks a little pinker, and in cold light, it looks a little bluer, as you can see above! It is a lovely vibrant pastel purple! ~

It's so comfy, it can be worn in a casual and lazy look to!

I wore the 2-way star clip as a brooch for a Lolita coord! It looks so perfect!

This necklace and these earrings are so dreamy!

Cute Bunny Graphics

Altogether, I'm super thrilled with the items Holley sent and I really recommend her shop! Everything is made to a high standard, especially the skirt which is flawless. She stocks a variety of dreamy prints, but I think this is definitely my favourite! The accessories are perfect staple pieces for any Sweet Lolita or Fairy Kei girl and are versatile to be worn with many different outfits! Overall, I give Holley a 5/5! The only item I found fault with was the bow, and that was a very small flaw, and overall the construction and finish of her items is excellent! She is a very sweet and helpful businesswoman and was quick to answer any of my questions, as well as keeping me updated often!

I hope you all enjoyed this review! (after the photo onslaught ;_;') and go check out Holley's store if you haven't!! Cute Bunny Graphics

Love, Cee x

Cute Bunny Graphics

No comments:

Post a Comment