Wednesday 6 May 2015

To Alice Review

Hello cuties! I hope you're all doing very well! I'm super happy this evening, because I've just handed in 4 assignments which I've been working on for the last month, and I'm ready to curl up in bed! But first I wanted to share a review of one of my favourite shops, To My Bear, also known as To Alice. I ordered from them previously, and had a great experience, so I wanted to give some of their Spring items a try

To buy from To My Bear, you'll need to use a Taobao agent or shopping service. I use Bhiner, who are very good and easy to use! Please give my review of their service a read if you want to know more about them! ^^

The items I ordered were a skirt and long-sleeved t-shirt featuring the new bunny and strawberry print. I fell in love with the pattern as I love bunnies, and I want to start featuring more fruity print in my wardrobe, as I think they're perfect for the summer time! Here's a peek at them;

The print is just irresistible!

I ordered both items in the L size as I usually wear a Chinese M-L, and To My Bear offers either S or L. I also wanted the T-shirt to be baggy so I could wear it as a comfy lazy top to hang around the house in. I went for the skirt in white as it makes the red berries really pop out! I also think white is very versatile and can be paired with lots of colours.

The prices for the items were very reasonable; before agent fees, the t-shirt cost around £7 and the skirt about £11. Because my order was fairly small, the service fees were fortunately low, as was international shipping! Shipping from China can be so expensive... -.-

To My Bear are good at shipping out fairly quickly, and my items arrived at Bhiner within 5 days after placing my order!

Luckily customs decided not to rip open the customs form this time! The box was a little battered but in fairly good shape.

When I opened up the box Bhiner had mailed my items in, the clothes were in the plastic wrap straight from the shop. When I unwrapped them, they were clean and neatly folded, as well as smelling fresh and new. I really love the design on the shop's tags and I'm really pleased that Bhiner left them attached as I like to collect tags from all my favourite clothing brands.

To My Bear's clothing is all handmade, and on both occasions I've been really happy with the quality of their work, especially since the prices are pretty cheap compared to many handmade Japanese clothes. The sewing is very neat and the fabric on the t-shirt is lovely and soft, whilst the logo is properly printed on so it won't flake off. The skirt has a handy under layer sewed in, which is trimmed with a wide lace trim. The lace is similarly very soft and a nice quality, and adds a fancy touch to the skirt. I love the little red bow on the waist to!

The print is very crisp and clear and stands out from a distance. I'm really pleased that it lives up to the stock photo so well; To My Bear always take very detailed photos of their products, so you know exactly what you're getting, which is very reassuring.

Unfortunately the skirt was a little big in the waist for me, so next time I'll choose the small size. It's handy to tuck a shirt or jumper into and luckily isn't very noticeable ^^

Here are a couple of outfits I put together with the clothes I bought! I need a pair of red heels or sandals to go with the skirt, so once payday comes around I'll definitely be shopping around for some!

I decided to go with my natural hair in cute braids, as it was a super windy day by the sea! My shoes are DearMyLove, my shirt is CutesyKink, my pom-poms are H&M kids and my badge is offbrand!

I chose to pair the t-shirt with a 50-s inspired look. The skirt, earrings and headband are all handmade, and the shoes are from CutesyKink! I wore this outfit to go vintage shopping and go to the pier, and it was super comfy to walk around and go on all the rides in!

A cheeky selfie with my new Minnie Mouse cup! The strawberry bunny is peeking into the photo to ~

Overall, I would give To My Bear 5/5 as their clothes are lovely quality and very reasonable. I've been sad to see re-sellers like Himi and Syndrome selling their clothes at highly inflated prices as they are ripping off both To My Bear and anyone who buys their inflated items. Please support the original store! Buying through a shopping service from the original shop is far cheaper than buying from a re-seller.

I hope you all found this useful, and that you all have a wonderful night!

Love, Cee x

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I've been looking for some To Alice reviews. Gives me reassurance. Great post and cute outfits. :)

    ReplyDelete